After my first day of my one month trip alone overseas I realised I didn’t pack well my suitcase… It was a little disaster (not to say a BIG), even if I was planning what to bring a few weeks before the departure I still packed very badly !
I knew it would be hot and wet in Japan during summer, but I never realised the degree of wetness, I wasn’t prepare for it .. Well it’s all in the past, for my trip this year I did a good joob 🙂
So here is a few things to know:
- Travel light and your back will thank you ! Of course it depends of the type of holidays you want to have: if you spend 2 weeks at the same place or if you travel everyday like me. I chosed to take a backpack, because it’s lighter and easier when you are running after a bus because you are late !
- Let some free space in your luggage so you won’t overpack and have room for souvenirs 😉
- Also having a small bag won’t let you succumb to the shopping fever. Instead I recommend you to take everything in picture ! YES you are a tourist it’s allowed ! Don’t hesitate to do your paparazzi but you should also live the present moment !
- Don’t forget to check the weather online, tips for travellers who went there before..
- Prepare beforehand the different combinations of clothes you will wear, because either way you will always wear the same clothes 🙂 It works for long and short trips, when you stay longer you can always wash your stuff ! If you have too many dirty clothes it will take a lot of space in your bag 🙁
- Don’t take to many beauty items, in hotels they provide you what you need most of the time and you end up not using your products at all !
If you forget something, it’s all right you can buy a souvenir and usefull thing at the same time ( I bought some Sailor Moon eyeliner and couldn’t be happier 😀 )
I hope it will be usefull to some of you, or for the future me <3